The Geography Department offers three undergraduate minors. The first minor is a general minor in Geography. The second is specifically designed to provide students with a background in Geographic Information Science. The third minor is in atmospheric sciences. You should carefully consider which minor best meets your academic goals before choosing one.
Minor in Atmospheric Science
Requires a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in courses taken for the minor.
Requires the following courses:
- ATMO 105: Introductory Meteorology
- ATMO 220: Unusual Weather or ATMO 321/GEOG 321 Climate and Climate Change
- ATMO 505: Weather Forecasting
Also requires three courses from the following choices:
- ATMO 521: Microclimatology
- ATMO 525: Air Pollution Meteorology
- ATMO 630: Synoptic Meteorology
- ATMO 640: Dynamic Meteorology
- ATMO 642: Remote sensing of the Atmosphere
- ATMO 680: Physical Meteorology
Minor in Geography and Geographic Information Science