Minor in Atmospheric Science
The minor augments other fields of study with a sampling of topics in the Atmospheric Sciences. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in courses taken for the minor.
Current course requirements and prerequisites can also be viewed in the KU online catalogue.
Requires the following courses:
- ATMO 105: Introductory Meteorology
- ATMO 220: Unusual Weather or ATMO 321/GEOG 321 Climate and Climate Change
- ATMO 505: Weather Forecasting
Also requires three courses from the following choices:
- ATMO 521: Microclimatology
- ATMO 525: Air Pollution Meteorology
- ATMO 630: Synoptic Meteorology
- ATMO 640: Dynamic Meteorology
- ATMO 642: Remote sensing of the Atmosphere
- ATMO 680: Physical Meteorology