Undergraduate Scholarships in Geography and Atmospheric Science
The Department of Geography and Atmospheric Science has the following undergraduate scholarships available. Applications generally open in the Spring every year, but are now closed. Available scholarships:
- Kollmorgen – General Geography
- Jenks – Cartography/GIS
- Bohnstengel – Atmospheric Science
- Joe Eagleman – Atmospheric Science
Please review the full process before submitting materials.
Students only need to submit one application to be eligible for any of the department scholarships. The number and dollar amount of awards varies annually, depending on funding availability. Applications from women, minorities, students with disabilities, and other underrepresented students are strongly encouraged.
- Scholarship applications not open at this time.
- Selections will be made by the end of April
- A minimum of two semesters at KU
- 3.0 or higher GPA
- Must be pursuing a degree in Geography or Atmospheric Science
- Full-time Student
- Not graduating Spring 2021
Selection criteria depend on the scholarship, which may include one or more of the following:
- Course performance
- Contribution to the department and fellow students (e.g. leadership in student organization)
- Originality and independence displayed in an undergrad research project
- Completion of the application form (see below)
- Unofficial transcript